Well 3 years has come and go and I can't wait for the next 2, 8, 12, and beyond! I am so thankful for EVERY client, mentor, friend, and associate that helped me get this far! 2014 is a pivotal year in the transition of MSP from a local based organization to a nationally recognized business! We are making really BIG moves and connecting with people at a even higher level! Stay tuned for all the exciting goodies that are coming especially this summer!
Highlights & Accomplishments:
- May 2011 - I had my first client! I was just in her office one day planning an event like I have so many times in the past and she said "I'll pay you for it!" and then I finally realized "I could get paid for this!" and Making Straight Paths was born!
- Fun Fact - The name Making Straight Paths comes from the Bible! Luke 3:4-6
"As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:
'A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
And all people will see God’s salvation.’”
- August 2012 - I was invited to chair the 2012 Thurgood Marshall School of Law Homecoming Reunion. It was such an honor because I had just fulfilled my lifetime goal of going to law school and had graduated in May of 2012!
- September 2012 - I spoke at the "Our Story: Legends & Leaders" Project unveiling with coincided with Texas Southern University's 85th Year Anniversary! I had worked on the project for TWO years so I was go thankful to have it be completed (whew!) and to be a part of the festivities! (I spoke after the Mayor!)
- Fun Fact: MSP started in event planning, mediation, coaching, and consulting!
- 2013 - I was invited to join the Board of I Know Somebody Houston as the Secretary! It was a great experience and I grew tremendously!
- Fun Fact: I have been a Secretary in almost every organization I've joined! I realized after the President the Secretary yields the power Lol!
February 2014 - Featured in So Fundamental's "Generation Y: Young Black and Gifted" Blog Series about the experiences of young female entrepreneurs of my generation. It was such an honor and for those who missed the article on social media here is the link to check it out.
March 2014 - "March Marketing Madness" one of my biggest collaboration projects with fellow FAMU Alumni Kiah Graham & Kanya Stewart. We had fun sharing all that we knew about Marketing and are planning to work on a summer series as well!
May 2014 - FAMU Alumni Magazine "A&M" I was featured in the article "FAMU Excels in Developing Top Executives." My experiences at FAMU were some of the best years of my life!
Fun Fact: Before I graduated from FAMU I had published my first work as part of a class project “A Road Runs Through: The Effects of Interstate 95 and Urban Redevelopment on Overtown, Miami.”
May 2014 - Making Straight Paths joined the Woodlands Chamber of Commerce! The Woodlands is one of the fastest growing growing areas in Texas and has a strong business and enterprise community!
These are some of my favorite pictures and campaigns from the past!